Find
Notify
Tools

Another,....Hat Question.
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
Picture of AK Mike
posted
I have a new expensive felt hat and have no idea how to add a sweatband or even what to make one out of. I sure don't want to ruin it! Confused

Posts: 66 | Location: Big Lake, Alaska | Registered: 26 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
What happened to the sweatband on that expensive Hat

Posts: 358 | Location: Flat Lands of West Tennessee | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
Sweatband (inside the crown) or hatband (outside)? My hat has a sweatband made of linen with a drawstring for adjustment.

It's stitched around the brim edge. I expect it would be a pain to do that without the right machine and some sewing skills.

Another and easier way would be add a band using modern techniques like tape or velcro. There are vendors like sweatbandit.com or headcovers.com that offer such products. But, be advised if you put too thick a band inside the hat you may in effect alter the size of the hat and make it too snug.

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post