New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creeping loincloths
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
My family owns a Christmas tree plantation so I spend a lot of my winters cutting, clearing and trimming and it came to me, it would be historically correct maybe to usr pine pitch to help hold a loincloth from traveling around. Rub a little pitch in troubled areas and loincloth should stay put. Just a idea for those who might like to try it, and please let us know how it works.

Posts: 25 | Location: northern Mn. | Registered: 31 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Do you mean a loincloth or do you mean a breechclout? Big Grin I ask as today folks use the term loincloth to cover a wide range genital coverings, when in fact it really means a front genital covering tied at the waist, sometimes with a panel covering the crack in the rear. So if the wind picks up, like a kilt or plaid, you get a view of the "full monty". Eeker

Now if it's a long piece of cloth, that goes from say just above the knees, over and then down through a belt or sash, then down over "john and the twins", then under to the back, over the crack and again through the belt, with the remaining bit hanging down from the belt in the back of the wearer...sorta packaging "the package" like a Speedo swim suit or a jock strap....that's a breechclout, and that shouldn't be shifting left to right at one's waist.

If you're experiencing a balls-gap after standing up from a squat (a well known and common problem with breechclouts) then some folks simply train to remember to adjust the 'clout as they stand up, OR they sew a few belt loops where the fabric folds over the belt or sash. While pine sap sure would be sticky, I think it might make for a skin irritation. Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah! I've had pine sap on my hands plenty of times. Very sticky and annoying. I sure would not want to risk getting it smeared any place else.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Yes sorry, I did mean breechclout.

Posts: 25 | Location: northern Mn. | Registered: 31 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
No need to be "sorry". Big Grin It's not a rule or anything..., if you Google "loincloth" they do give you both images...,

It's a good idea too, but if one was to do that like me, with "sensitive skin", I'd have to use spirit gum, that stuff that is used to keep theatrical beards on people, and not pine sap.

Of course, if I do Native I am using spirit gum anyway to hold the scalp lock on my bald head so.... never thought about it for the 'clout...maybe I'll try it. It works on my head when I'm sweaty so...???

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
naaaw... duct tape (or as dollar store has it, ducktape)

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
*USE THE FORCE!!!* Hehe.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Even the thought of pine pitch near my nether re ion has me crossing my legs. Big Grin

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
As a kid, playing cowboys & Indians with my many older brothers, proper names for stuff didn't really matter. We just made up a name to fit the purpose. The name we gave to the Indian breech cloth were "ha cha cha's". To this day, I still think of them as ha cha cha's! At least my brothers know what I'm referring to!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
"Creeping Loincloths" would be an excellent name for a rock band LOL.

I just tie a thin strip of brain tan around my waist to hold my breech cloth up and where it needs to stay.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
I had a case of breechclout crises (aka creeping breechclout) at a local rendezvous this past Spring.
It was the first time I ever wore leggings and a breechclout. As I conversed with some folks, I looked down. To my surprise and chagrin, there lay the breechclout on the ground. Eeker Seems that I did not secure my sash properly.
You can guess the implications of a grounded breechclout. Fortunately, I was wearing blue jean short pants underneath, so I was not banned from future gatherings.
Pine sap would not have prevented this mishap.
Lesson learned.
Ron

Posts: 62 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 10 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I suppose one could always try a staple gun... hehe

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I read the other day, some of the guy's were putting a twist in the breechclout to help keep things in place, well I decided I'd give it a try. next time I will read instructions first, Only give the clout a twist not the whole package, I discovered this after waking up on the floor in blinding pain, Now I'll wear a ice pack with mine.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Now we can just imagine Simon Kenton or ole' Dan'l tellin' some fine Shawnee warrior to not get his breech cloth in a twist... guess that's where today's expression of not getting one's panties in a twist came from. HAHAHA

Sua Sponte

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Are suspenders period correct as the only way I could wear one is with them or the will rapidly creep down in the first 4-5 steps

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post