Find
Notify
Tools

Top Hats
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
Picture of Spotted Bull
posted
Anybody like or dislike them for rendezvous wear?

It is pitiful when a man lets his ego push his intelligence beyond his ignorance.

Posts: 55 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: 20 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I like them.
Last Saturday I attended a seminar that had nothing to do with reenacting or anything old. Yet, there was one guy there who wore a similar top hat, except his was black. He also had a long beard that dropped halfway down to his waist. Just a "character", I guess.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh, we've got a guy around here that has similar taste in clothes.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
If you can carry it off, go for it!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of JoeM
posted Hide Post
Looks good on you Bull... Myself, I don't think it looks right. IMHO, some hats fit a person, and some don't. Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JoeM,

Ohio Joe / Chadron Fur Trade Days

Posts: 69 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody like or dislike them for rendezvous wear?

Top Hats for rendezvous, nope no problems.

I wonder at the shape of them, for there were a great many, and I have not idea from a historic point which to use IF I was to do Maryland Rifleman for War of 1812....

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
The previous one and this one are 1803

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Here is an American "Militia" style....

Factor
posted Hide Post
Townsends sells something similar to the first ….

Pilgrim
Picture of Spotted Bull
posted Hide Post
I like all of those styles, but I have an enormous head. So I had to go as close to correct as I could get and as big as I could get. This is the only one I found in a size 8.

It is pitiful when a man lets his ego push his intelligence beyond his ignorance.

Posts: 55 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: 20 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I had to go as close to correct as I could get and as big as I could get. This is the only one I found in a size 8.

Well you probably have saved me some time and effort, as I too have a "large grape". Wink

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Pilgrim
Picture of Spotted Bull
posted Hide Post
https://nethats.com/products/p...ecan-number-nht36-15

Factor
posted Hide Post
DANG
That's darn reasonably priced fer sur!

THANKS

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove