New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blankets
 Login/Join

Factor
posted Hide Post
Too hot? There's a simple cure for that....
Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Yes, around here we call it Winter Camp. Smiler

Scarhand

Posts: 226 | Location: Fort Hall, ID | Registered: 11 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Like frozen toes next week end in Co.

I will not trade freedom or dignity for a handout.

Posts: 27 | Location: Colorados High Country | Registered: 03 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Was hoping to make it up but I have two weddings to attend this year so its looking like I won't make it. Still going to try though.

Posts: 85 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 06 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too hot? There's a simple cure for that....

Yeah, but the last time I went shirtless in public some folks tried to push me back into the sea.

Big Grin
LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Mike,
When and where is the Pacific Primitive Rendezvous this year?
Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
When and where is the Pacific Primitive Rendezvous this year?

Sparks, It is June 22-30 near Winchester, Idaho. Take a look at http://pacificprimitiverendezvous.com/. Then make plans on being there. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Been following this thread - I like fuzzy, woolly things Big Grin. Whitney Blankets are still listed for sale on their website and the selection looks very good. Don't know if they still make them or get them from another source but "Whitney Blankets" are apparently still available.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, There is a difference between "Whitney" and "Witney." They are both blanket makers. Early's of Witney is the maker we're usually talking 'bout. Yes, some new Witneys are still available. Shoot sharp, Mike

Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
That's funny--when I look at the Northwest Traders site, I don't see "Witney" or "Whitney" but only the cheaper "trade blankets" and the hand-woven replica blankets, which seem quite good. I bet there aren't many new in the bag Early's of Witney blankets out there for sale...
The prices there seem quite reasonable.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Dick, Northwest Traders doesn't have any Witneys left, I checked. The new blankets I noted were from shops in England. Good doin's but freight becomes a big factor. Shoot sharp, Mike

Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nesbitt:
Dick, Northwest Traders doesn't have any Witneys left, I checked. The new blankets I noted were from shops in England. Good doin's but freight becomes a big factor. Shoot sharp, Mike

Ah, well. And you have to do all that converting of pounds to dollars!

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I see it has been a while since anyone replied to this post but I thought I would mention that Smoke and Fire have white blankets with the English broad arrow on them. Pretty sweet.

Posts: 17 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scarhand:
started to sweat to hot!

Not all blankets are created equal. My old Whitney is suitable for about 90% my ronny nights in a lodge. For more warmth I will add another blanket. Some of the most useful, and really best looking, blankets I have came from yard sales. Very low cost and they get a renewal on life.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Turkey Foot Trading has white wool blankets for a pretty good price. I got one and cut out the machine sewn binding. I like it.

Posts: 552 | Location: SC | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post