MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Period Clothing    New braintanned buckskin pantaloons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New braintanned buckskin pantaloons
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I tanned the hides, and the good woman hand sewed the whole thing

I am very pleased with it for our first try - after they get some stretching to them we will re fit them

"But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it." Bear Claw Chris Lapp

Posts: 516 | Location: Ft Parker/Ft Manuel Lisa | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Very nice work and they really look good!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah,color me green!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
GREAT JOB

You will never regret the many hours you put into the tanning and construction. Brain tan rocks. Like you mentioned, I've also always had to do some resizing once they stretch out a bit.

Rio

Posts: 140 | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nice. Lot's of work involved in both the tanning and sewing. One leg on mine has a lot of stretch and the other don't. They're due for an overhaul now. Brain tan is the only way to go. Both cool and warm.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post