New
Find
Notify
Tools

leggins
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
which do you prefer ,hair side or flesh side in on your leggings ?

Posts: 232 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hair in ,,insulation and the hair in does not collect snow/ice/dirt.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Neither..., I prefer wool leggings from blanket material.

On leather leggings for brush busting, I like flesh side in as they don't stick as bad to my legs...., but only when the thorns are sooo thick they would shred the blanket material if I wore wool.

I've never seen them with the hair left "on" in leggings and turned with the hair inside. I've seen it done with mocs and the hair all came off in about a day. Quite a mess, but then mocs are much tighter than leggings eh?

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Don't know about cowhide, but deer hair is brittle and I think it would rub off fairly quickly, no matter whether inside or out. Inside, though, I think would be quite uncomfortable.

There is a mountain ridge near here that is called "Bark Leggins Ridge". I wonder how it got that name.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
No hair boys I meant the side the hair used to be on, these are brain tanned and smoked. Sorry for the confusion

Posts: 232 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
AHHH, OK..., well I feel sheepish Red Face

I'm sorry, I forgot to even consider brain tan. That's a whole 'nother story. YES brain tan is a lot more comfortable than modern tanned elk or deer, so...,

Hair side out on those. Give the thorns as little as possible to catch hold of.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Old Lobo
posted Hide Post
NO HAIR on leggings....NONE!

Posts: 28 | Registered: 26 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of brain tan deer skin leggings and two pairs of wool. Brain tan gets wet and stays wet, remember that. I prefer my wool leggings in the cold. Both are super easy to make once you have the materials.

Posts: 552 | Location: SC | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post