MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Touch hole is below top of pan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Touch hole is below top of pan
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted
Hey Guys, After I got the lock inlet which is fitting great as well as the barrel my touch hole is below the top of the pan. All the books say to have it right inline with the top of the pan but I'm below that by at least one hole size.
I know I can make a liner and drill the hole where it needs to be but I want a stainless steel liner or can I just lower the depth of the pan instead?

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Some end up that way, try it and see how it works, some of the absolutes we are told we must have are not always so absolute.

Posts: 272 | Registered: 12 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
The rule for top of the pan and center is optimal . It doesn’t mean that if its somewhere else that it wont work .
You just don’t want it so low in the pan that your covering it with powder .
Run with it and see how she works . If you end up having issues make you a new liner or deepen the pan alittle

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me guys....Thanks!

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post