New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captured ramrod
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
Anyone know of any companies that make the assembly or is this something you'd have to cook up on your own?

Over-the-log shooting, the second most fun you can have laying down.

Posts: 64 | Location: Volunteer State | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Sounds like something that you might have to have made for you by a good gun maker. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that you would only find those on cavalry carbines. Good luck on your search.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
There's a vendor in the UK, Blackley & Son that sells pistol swivel ramrod hardware.

To find something similar in the US, I'd enquire of Muzzleloader Builder's Supply or Track to see if they could suggest a source closer to home.

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
I had searched for "captured ramrod" and had no luck, I used the term "swivel ramrod" and found out that the rifle shoppe sells them. Thanks.

Over-the-log shooting, the second most fun you can have laying down.

Posts: 64 | Location: Volunteer State | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That doesn't look too hard to build out of some 1/8" flat bar from Lowe's.

Posts: 332 | Location: South Coast (MS) | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post