New
Find
Notify
Tools

T/C patchbox
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
I'm currently replacing the brass furniture on my T/C Hawken. I'm trying to find a source for a steel or german silver patchbox that can either be a drop in fit or slightly larger that can be inletted to cover the original's place. Anyone know of one that would work?

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
several years ago I replaced all my T/C stuff with steal and put a "more" correct patchbox in that overlapped all the original inletting, but required additional inletting. I think this patchbox was purchased from a store called The Hawken Shop. don't remember any more about it but it came out looking good.

Posts: 125 | Location: eden, utah | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hawken Shop has a web site,Their out of Oak Harbor, Washington state.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Might try "Tennessee Valley Muzzleloader Supplies"

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
also try "Muzzleloader Builders Supply".

God Bless
Whisler

Posts: 123 | Location: Northern Kaintuckee | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks Whisler!

Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Your best bet is Dixie Gunworks. Muzzleloader Builders Supply makes traditional boxes and the TC is a manufacturer.

hootalrifleshop.org

Posts: 1399 | Location: Rolling Hills of Iowa | Registered: 26 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post