Find
Notify
Tools

Priming powder
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
MountainRanger, we'll sure keep in touch about the vous. But please understand that my physical condition has deteriorated markedly in the past few months and I'll probably be expecting back surgery in the spring. Truth is, I'm not in good shape now and not sure what I'll be capable of in the next few months; so we'll see. I love that time of year and it's perfect for burning powder. Good news is I can still throw a hawk & knife. But how (aaarrgh!) well remains to be seen.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hanshi,hang in there bud,you're not alone.I'm starting to realize I'm prolly due for some more repair myself.My shoulders are giving me a lot of trouble these days.they seem to take turns.never know from day to day which one will work.Sure is a beautiful day,though....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is; I'm actually in good health considering the shape I'm in. I really only need a new superstructure as the old "I" beams are cracked and corroded. Wiring and such seems okay.

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
After 3 major back surgeries over the years, I cannot sleep on my back anymore. Have to sleep on my side. So, I get to pick which shoulder will work OK the next day. Hint.....it is not the one I slept on the night before! Being a right handed shooter, I normally prefer to sleep on my left side. Old age is about learning how to preserve what we have left! Wink

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I don't envy you, Cranbrook. Hang in there.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loyalist Dave:
I like the earlier style guns and rifles, with large pans, so I've never found an advantage with 4Fg. I have observed 4Fg getting damper, quicker, in those large pans.

Now in some of the post 1800 style locks with the smaller pans, and the "weather proof" pans, then you might get an advantage.

I have also found that I do much better with a singe horn of 3Fg, for both main charge and prime. The simplicity for me is good.

Your mileage may vary.

LD
All BP powder grades EXCEPT 4F have a glaze on them that protects against moisture. 4F will wick up moisture quickly.

Posts: 552 | Location: SC | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post