MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Hoot AL, what's happening in the rifleshop these days
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoot AL, what's happening in the rifleshop these days
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Hey Hoot, What are you working on in the rifleshop these days. Have you had any new apprentices?

Pictures Man!

Interested, DanL

God bless America and Alba Gu Brath!

Posts: 569 | Location: God's farm in Alabama | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Been so long, having trouble emembering how to add photos.

Have some good photos to show you. Had a fella call me from Orlando wanting to install a patchbox on his rifle.

Let me know how.

Thanks.

hootalrifleshop.org

Posts: 1399 | Location: Rolling Hills of Iowa | Registered: 26 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good morning Hoot!

To add photos, as I understand it, Click on the add attachments just under the comment window. It will give an option of where to get the image or file. Then the file/image may have to be resized smaller to fit the program here. Once sized correctly, it will upload to your post when you post the message.

DanL

Posts: 569 | Location: God's farm in Alabama | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dan.

hootalrifleshop.org

Posts: 1399 | Location: Rolling Hills of Iowa | Registered: 26 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan,

Last Spring I helped a friend out by taking his rifle and finishing it for him. It was a .45 caliber Jacob Dickert rifle.

I attached a photo of the butt stock I carved for him. Here is a link to my "How To" website showing all the links to the steps I took to build the rifle. I've done this to help others who want to build rifles.

Hope you fellas and gals find this information useful in your rifle building.

Link: http://hootalrifleshop.org/New_Project.htm

Take care,

hootalrifleshop.org

Butt Stock Carving

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the look-see Al. That rifle looks great!

Envious, DanL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DanL,

Factor
posted Hide Post
That IS nice....Jealous....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Beautiful carving, Hoot Al.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Walking Bear 1954
posted Hide Post
Great work looks like art. Thanks

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep that can contest the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 33 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 14 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Hey there! Getting ready to start on another rifle. Was going to build a couple rifles for my grandsons when a fella called wanting me to help finish a rifle he started on and could not finish. Lancaster rifle with flintlock. Should be a fun project.

Apparently Steve Bookout helped him start it. Steve is retired now, so I get to finish it. Sounds like they did not get very far with it.

Will keep you updated.

hootalrifleshop.org

Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Installed all the thimbles. Inlayed a double headed eagle on the cheek piece.

hootalrifleshop.org

Eagle Inlay

Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Put incised lines down both sides of the ramrod channel. Then put a wiggle line at the end of the line on both sides of the forearm.

hootalrifleshop.org

Incised line

Factor
posted Hide Post
Looking good guy!

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Just finished another rifle. .45 caliber flintlock rifle.

hootalrifleshop.org

Rifle

Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Here is the lock panel and forearm.

hootalrifleshop.org

Lock

Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Here is the patchbox.

hootalrifleshop.org

Patchbox

Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
Cheek and side plate areas.

hootalrifleshop.org

Cheek and Side Plate

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Breathtaking work, IMHO.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
*Drool*!

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, keep them coming!

~Kees~

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post