MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Cabelas percussion revolver, target
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas percussion revolver, target
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
I have a Cabelas target revolver I bought. After shooting it I was cleaning it, I removed the nipples, and when I went to put the nipples back in place, one refused to start. I can't find a tap that works to tap the threads. Does anyone know what kind of tap I need, and where I can get one?

Thanks,

Posts: 4 | Location: catron county, NM | Registered: 24 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
A guess would be that the nipples are metric threaded, 6mm-.75 or 6mm-1. Track of the Wolf sells taps in both sizes. Give them a call, tell them what model revolver you have and see if they can't tell you for sure the thread size you have and tap you need.

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
If Cabelas doesn't help you, contact The Muzzleloading Emporium in Springfield, Oregon. Joe and Suzi Williams will be more than happy to assist you.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
You might take a hard look at the threads on both the nipple seat and the nipple itself, and make sure you don't have a tiny burr that has been bent and is now fouling the threads. A dentists pick will often remove such burrs if you find them. Otherwise you run the chance of ruining the threads instead of "freshing" them.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post