New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron and Fire
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
Here is a show on gunsmithing where you can make a difference by sending suggestions/opinions, etc.

How can we improve this experience?

Select a category to send us an email.

http://www.history.com/shows/iron-and-fire

sidemeat

Posts: 98 | Location: hills of western ioway | Registered: 12 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
sidemeat,,, are you suggesting "Constructive Criticism" to those that can/might make a change to the program????????? Now there is a forward thinker !!!!!
Send US an E-Mail...
See you up the trail,,,,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walking Crow,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
What gunsmithing? All they show is collecting bees, blowing up beaver lodges, and how to shoot and kill water melons, after precutting them so they blow up with drama. The entire show is a farce.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Made it through 1 show. That will be the last.

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
I had big expectations till I watched a few shows. I learned from Wallace Gusler and Hershel House, too.

The show does not share any information. This is the reason I created my own website to teach others how to build guns. My site was created back in 2004. It was not to advertise but to serve as a learning tool for others.

Shooting stuff and blowing it up does not serve any purpose other than to entertain those not interested in building guns.

Keep The Tradition Alive!!!!

hootalrifleshop.org

Posts: 1399 | Location: Rolling Hills of Iowa | Registered: 26 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I read between the lines,,sidemeat might have something to do with the show in discussion!!!! So here is a wild and crazy thought,,,write him and point out your concerns and wants,,crazy I know but,try it and see ,,Nothing is ever "perfect" or meets all needs or wants, first time out.So here is your chance to help "improve" Iron & Fire.. or just sit and kabitz,,In a nut shell, step to the line or back up.
Life is easier if you plow around the stumps,,,

Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
I went to the attachment last week and did not find anything leading me to provide any suggestions/opinions, etc. I would love to, however the link just goes to the History Channel website for the show only.

I tried.

hootalrifleshop.org

Posts: 1399 | Location: Rolling Hills of Iowa | Registered: 26 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hoot Al might go to his profile and send a personal message,

Booshway
Picture of Hoot Al
posted Hide Post
I reckon.

hootalrifleshop.org

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
The producers of that type of show are not interested in sharing any information on actual gunsmithing, just entertaining the unwashed masses. You can't blame the gunsmith for the show content either. He's getting a pay check and just like the rest of us and just trying to get by and feed his family. It's still better than a soap opera by a little bit.

Posts: 29 | Location: Derby Kansas | Registered: 30 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
When Hoot built my gun I enjoyed following along on his web site.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
These shows rarely use the raw footage. They are usually heavily edited once the crew returns to the studio. I was once involved in a production for our company. Two days of filming was reduced down to about 8 minutes of actual screen time.

Posts: 332 | Location: South Coast (MS) | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post