New
Find
Notify
Tools

is there a builder
 Login/Join

Hivernant
posted
that will make a flintlock they way that you want it ,reguardless of its historical accuracy?

plenty of time for sleep in the grave

Posts: 105 | Location: northern vermont | Registered: 06 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
depends on how you want it and what your wanting and what your willing to pay .
If your just wanting a traditional flintlock but with your own carvings inlays and such . Maybe different hardware… ya no issues .
But if your wanting to go really out there and do something off the wall like having a thumb hole stock ….. Then you may have to look harder

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Been my experiance,,if you got deep pockets someone will build what ever you want,,reguardless..

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
And if what you want is just something say, slightly "different" that fits your needs and is simply generic and resembles a particular style of rifle about like the productions do; then most builders should be able to do what you want. You can get a "default generic" with reasonable changes from TVM and probably others.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I want one with a 54 fast twist barrel and a quality lock that doesn't require wheels to hunt with and im not afraid to take through a brush pile,that has wedges not pins so I can take the barrel out of the stock without needing a masters in woodworking,one with a solid ram rod so that I can clean the gun with or pull a bullet out with and not be afraid of loosing the end cause the pin fell out.fiber optic sights,gotta be left handed almost forgot that,no brass or shiney stuff ,all steel hardware,with a single trigger but the stock would still need to be curly maple and if I had enough money left I would want one simple carving on it of the praying hands and I would name her the healer.i have a dream.........

Posts: 105 | Location: northern vermont | Registered: 06 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
you shouldnt have much of a problem but for the fiber optics thing

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
well the ones I talk to want to do it their way not mine

Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
Are you telling them how to build it OR are you expressing your desire to have given features .
Maybe it’s the way your coming across
Not to be disrespectful but , My opinion as to why you cant find someone to build such a gun for you may be because it sounds very much like what you want is a modern rifle, disguised as a traditional flintlock, with a twist rate for shooting sabots or jacketed bullets .
That opens up a lot of “what If’s “ for the builder . If the case is simply putting a fast twist barrel on say a Lancaster or a ½ stock plains rifle . I cant see where all but a few would have a problem . Even fewer if your willing to pay the asking price
But fiber optic sights , Remington 700 trigger group and such , then ya I can see where your getting people refusing or saying this is what I would do for you .
In the end its up to you as to if you want to take what they are offering .
While its your gun , their name will be associated with it for ever .

Have you tried finding a photo of a rifle your interested in having built . Showing the photo and then asking if a fast twist barrel can by put on the rifle ?

In other words if you had approached my to do you such a build and I ask you to show me the rifle your interested in , could you show me a photo .?

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I just expressed my dream firearm creation ,I don't think I was disrespectful at all and I don't think it was received that way.just as you described associated name ....I still don't understand why not.the photo is a good idea.a great plains minus the length and double triggers

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me the Lyman great Plains Hunter is what you are asking for. Get it in kit or finished form.

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
got one ...too big bad lock

Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
i wasnt saying you were disrespectful Hunter . i was say that i wasnt trying to be disrepectful in what i was writing to you.
frankly if thats all your looking for , i cant see why eather .????/

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
hanshi....I missed that one great plains hunter rather than the great plains rifle ,I see what you are talking about now ,I have the great plains rifle ....do you know if I can get a single trigger for it?

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunters last stand:
hanshi....I missed that one great plains hunter rather than the great plains rifle ,I see what you are talking about now ,I have the great plains rifle ....do you know if I can get a single trigger for it?

I'm the last person to ask for that kind on information as I've never switched any trigger out before. Possibly, R.E. Davis or TOTW.