Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for TC New Englander?
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of Stone Fence
posted
Recently I picked up a 12 gauge TC New Englander for the right price (good), but it has a synthetic stock (bad). I know I have some options ranging from looking for a used finished wood stock to start whittling on a blank, but I've never build starting with a blank (cutting barrel or rod channels, inletting lock, etc) though willing to try. Is there any intermediate level between a finished stock and carving from blank? I'm looking for some advice, suggestions, ideas before moving forward with this project. Thanks.

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 20 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Check Pecatonica River Longrifle Supply. They have a website. Their main product is rifle stocks, and I think carry replacement stocks for TC guns.
They are located near Rockford, IL. I have dealt with them in the past and I was quite satisfied with their service.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Keep a watch on eBay, New Englander wood stocks show up pretty often.

Here is one currently up for bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-T...&hash=item339f8d7efe

Posts: 47 | Registered: 04 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Also go to gun brokers. Com I seen one on there not to long ago.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Stone Fence
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information fellas.

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 20 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Stone Fence
posted Hide Post
An update on the search for the NE stock. I looked around, contacted some folks, & checked on prices. There are several options but I'm going with the most challenging one... make one from a blank. I have the original plastic stock as a pattern so that's a good start. I'll keep you all posted - & I'm guessing I'll have some questions along the way.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Cool,will be waiting with bated breath.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Never cared for bait breath which is why I use lots of wasabi on my sushi...

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
WASABI!!!!!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post