Notify
Tools

Poor man engraving
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deadeye:
Berryville! I used to hang in Berryville, Harrison and Jasper and even went to Mountain Home a time or two. I was there around 76-78 and in those days all I did was party! Some of those Ozark roads are deadly with a hot rod Mustang...... Roll Eyes

I'm in Mountain Home. Now, the roads are deadly with old people who shouldn't be driving.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
To give folks some idea
This barrel I did many years ago using a simple ¼ inch triangle file as a square chase graver

for this Rum cup , the engraving on the brass and the scrimshaw work was also done with a type of square graver in my Lindsey classic .
It could have just as easily been done with a 1/8 triangle file

this buttplate I cut using the same 1/4 , triangle file chase graver

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Captchee, Your scratchin' looks mighty fine! Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I agree with Mike it looks terrific.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hoot Al that is very good engraving. It's not over done. It looks good. And it's not simple. Captchee that is great work. Dead Eye what a great post of the lock.There are some truly talented and knowledgeable people at this fire.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post