Find
Notify
Tools

Pedersoli Long Rifle
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted
Hey guys, been a spell since I’ve been on here.
Question: I purchased used, but like new, a Davide-Pedersoli Pennsylvania Flintlock long rifle in 32 caliper. Do any of you know if another Pedersoli barrel in 45 caliber (they made both) will “drop in” or will there be more to it than that?

Iche Iia

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Posts: 379 | Location: Prince George, Virginia | Registered: 04 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Iche, don't know about another barrel,but i have the samething in the 32 cal.And I will tell you it is more fun to shoot than most of my other rifles. Use it for rabbit and other small game. Would like to know about the barrel myself.

Heck no, you'er the sort that gives that sort a bad name.
Trapper 54cal

Posts: 605 | Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
Trapper, went to the source and emailed Pedersoli. Yes the 45 cal barrel is a drop in. Now i just have to find one.

Iche Iia

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Posts: 379 | Location: Prince George, Virginia | Registered: 04 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll try to find one also.

Heck no, you'er the sort that gives that sort a bad name.
Trapper 54cal

Posts: 605 | Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
We'll let each other know what we find. OK?

Iche Iia

Factor
posted Hide Post
To find those new barrels you guys might ask at Flintlocks, Etc. www.flintlocksetc.com/ Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
Flintlock Etc is who Pedersoli referred me to. They sent an email saying that they do not have it and have ordered all they are going to order for this year.
Still looking..........

Iche Iia

Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still looking..........

Ah, so!

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Why not just measure the diameter of the barrel and pick up an American brand. At the worst you would have to buy one of a larger diameter and draw file it to the appropriate size. A lot of work. it would be a last resort.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Bud,
Pedersolis have a unique breech arrangement so if you dropped in a barrel, you would be way off in aligning the hammer with the ignition tube. Like too far off!

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Mike jacogy
posted Hide Post
I have seen this kind of stuff in Bozeman, I had been there with my friends. I just love this place. Best place for having your home.

Posts: 1 | Location: 750 NW 14th St, Homestead, FL 33034 | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iche Iia:
Trapper, went to the source and emailed Pedersoli. Yes the 45 cal barrel is a drop in. Now i just have to find one.
Why can't you just order it from Pedersoli ?

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I would check the price of the barrel vs the price of a used complete .45 gun, I have seen used ones for $350 the new ones are priced way over their value now IMHO for possibly a bit more than a new barrel one might have two guns if a resonable used one can be found.

Posts: 272 | Registered: 12 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
All good comments and suggestions. Thanks to all that made them.

I shot my little "girlie gun" today for the first time and I may have spoken too quick on the barrel change. I agree with Trapper, this is a fun gun to shoot and dead accurate. Not to mention she's a CHEAP DATE!. A little under half the powder per shot, I would guess about the same with the lead. In fact you can buy #1 buckshot for around 20 bucks for over 800 shot.

I think for now, I'm not going to fool with it. It will make a nice small critter hunting rifle. I'll keep my eyes open for a deal on a barrel but I already have a .45 and .50 so I'm in no hurry.

Thanks to all

Iche Iia

Booshway
Picture of Deercop
posted Hide Post
You're right about the .32 being a cheap date!
I have a Traditions Crockett .32 percussion rifle. The little .32s are fun to shoot!

I take mine rabbit & squirrel hunting. Once in awhile I'll take it out to shoot prairie dogs..though at 100+ yards, it doesn't take much of a breeze to send those little pills off course.

I am in charge of the muzzleloading event at the NM State YHEC (Youth Hunter Education Challenge). The "subjuniors" (8-11 year olds) love to borrow my .32. That little rifle has won more medals than I ever have!

Yeah, I've got my eye out for a good deal on a Flintlock .32...

Posts: 649 | Location: Clovis, New Mexico | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Those little Crocketts are nice; mine has accounted for squirrels and unlimited plinking. In fact I've been seriously thinking of maybe eventually building a Tn poor boy kit in .32.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
Just as a note of information. This is a copy of the email that I received from Pedersoli concerning the .45 cal barrel.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes you can interchange the barrel up to the .45 caliber.

We put you in touch with Mr. Beauchamp at Flintlock's Etc., who will be glad to inform you of the barrel's price.

Best regards,
Customer Service

DAVIDE PEDERSOLI & C.
Via Artigiani, 57
I-25063 GARDONE VALTROMPIA
(Brescia) Italy
ph. +39 030 8915000
fax +39 030 8911019

AND THIS IS THERE REPLY:

Dear Sir,

We have received the copy of the below email that was sent to you from Gloria at the Pedersoli Company in Italy.

I am sorry but I do not have a 45 caliber in stock for the Pennsylvania. I just received a shipment yesterday and I will not be ordering any guns or barrels now until next year.

Sorry.

Thank you,
Richard Beauchamp
Flintlocks, Etc.

Iche Iia

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I think I would keep an eye out for a 45 cal barrel with the rest of a rifle attached to it. You can never have too many guns...

Posts: 332 | Location: South Coast (MS) | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
I agree about never having too many guns. I think that is written in the mountain man code somewhere.

Took my little gun on the woods walk at Belle Grove this weekend and it hammered in the deal..... it stays a .32. Best shooting gun that I have, I'm not changing a thing.

Iche Iia

Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
if it were I , i would get a American barrel. Have it threaded for the Pedersoli breech plug . Then have a gunsmith align and drill for the bolster to match as well as set your under lugs .
You may find that you will come real close to the cost of the Pedersoli barrel .
Also IMO a lot better barrel

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post