Find
Notify
Tools

2 yr old
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted
Im gonna call this one a 2 yr old. I got on a good gobbler this morning but he had all the female company he could handle an try as I might I could not get the hens to come in so away they went. I stayed in the general area all day but never heard another bird till I got nearly back to the truck at 2pm. I stopped to call one more time on the ole lynch box an BOOM he was about 150 yrds. I cut the distance in half an called this love sick 2 yr old in to about 22/23 yrds and let Achilles do the rest. I shot some of the beard off but it aint the first time. He has a 8 inch beard with half inch spurs an will go about 16/17 lbs. I shot him at 2:30 Just a good fun bird.

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Well I hope you will save a couple of birds for the rest of us Eeker Congrats Again!!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Wattlebuster, you never fail to amaze me with your hunting success. Congrats.
Wish I had more time to get out and hunt.

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Nice one...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
You are now my turkey role model, Wattie.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a Nice Bird WB! Smiler

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Congrats, but man you're killing me. Still 3 weeks to go here...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Nice work!

Posts: 54 | Registered: 16 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post