MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Hunting    northeast squirrel hunting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

northeast squirrel hunting
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
hello all, haven't posted in awhile, but are there any squirrel hunters here from ny, pa or nj? I hunted and had squirrel a couple of years ago and plan on doing the same this season. but I'm not the norm, because most people up here in ny would rather feed them in the parks than consider them table fare.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Most of the guys I know only hunt big game they don't know of all the fun and good eating their missing out on

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
That's what us rednecks cut our teeth on. Nothing like a good squirrel stew

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Squirrel hunting may be a traditional "entry level" affair for young hunters but it's a lot more than that. Squirrel hunting is good training for deer season and is also a game for "experts". If you can't "hunt" or shoot you won't get any squirrels except by accident. It teaches one to actually hunt, stalk and move silently. It also takes a good shot to hit that little 2.5" circle that is a squirrel's head.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post