MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Hunting    October 2020 Muzzleloader Hunt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 2020 Muzzleloader Hunt
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
This week it begins! Early muzzleloader season for Maryland this Thursday-Saturday and the black bear hunt in western MD next week. Time to get out and make some smoke!

I kinda knew how this was going to work a month ago though. We've had a great early fall with lots of cool weather, so of course the forecast is near 80 and humid for the MZ season and warm and rainy next week for the bears. Ugh.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Talk about a bust, this has to be the worst weather I've ever seen for our October MZ season. Upper 70's every day, 90% humidity, thick fog until noon, water dripping everywhere off leaves and brush. Nobody is seeing anything and not hearing any shooting anywhere. Only deer I've seen have been a pair of whitetail fawns. Packing it in and getting ready for the bear hunt that starts Monday. Doesn't look much better for that though, forecast is for rain every day all week... Frowner

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I don't want to hear it. Out here in the VERY DRY PNW we dream about wet weather...Lolol!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
On the days when I wasn't actually in the office, it was POURING rain... Frowner

NOW, the season is open again, but I won't get a chance to get out until Thursday, Dec 3

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
LD, you going out for our new primitive weapon season Feb 1-3? Looks like we will finally have some SNOW!!!!!!!!!! Hoping we stay on the snow side of the rain/snow line down here on the Shore, hope to track down some sika. Big Grin

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well we didn't have much snow left here, just a bit scattered on the ground after it turned to rain yesterday, but I still got out this afternoon. Misty drizzle that turned to sleet and then snow as the afternoon went on, but not too bad for the flintlock. Ended up shooting a big doe just at sunset with the 16 ga smoothbore. For our first ever February primitive season here in Maryland it was a great start!