New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheds
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Anybody started poking around for shed antlers yet?

I haven't hit my woods yet, waiting another week to make sure they all drop, but I did walk my field and food plots this morning. Found one, and dang if it wasn't from one of the big boys I watched all last summer. A buck I call High and Wide, really nice 8 point. Last time I saw him was the first week of September, almost exactly where I found the antler today. Never saw him all fall, never once got a trail cam picture of him. Where do they go?!?!

I think I may head back out with a shovel and dig until I find the underground hideout they use for hunting season...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Anybody find any? I never got another one, although I spent plenty of time looking. Half a dozen bucks around at the end of the season and don't know where they went to drop this year. I've talked to several people this year with the same poor experience.

Really warm winter here this year, maybe they were already in thick woods regrowth eating tender buds at drop time instead of in the fields. Was an odd season this year from the first day of bow season all the way through now...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I've only found one shed since I've been living here.....go figure.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post