New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho Turkey's
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
A call out to all those who have, are, will hunt turkey's in Idaho. I'm looking at hunting around Arrow rock dam, is there a better place? I'm also looking at the Weiser area as well. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Erik

Posts: 85 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 06 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Not sure just where by Arrowrock you plan to go. I hunted diligently in unit 39 and found a few feathers. After three years of neither hearing nor seeing a bird I quit hunting there.

I think you will be better off hunting by Weiser or further north on that side. Where are you located? You can send a message through my profile or by using the personal message feature of this site.

Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
Good evening
I live in Payette and hunt the Weiser and hells canyon area .
For the immediate Weiser area your choices are limited .
Basically you have Rock creek , Jenkins creek and Manns creek
Both Rock and Jenkins creek is 95% private
Manns creek is all private down lower . But once you hit the fork of Adams creek you for the most part out of the private lands . Good amount of birds in there .
However the last 4 years the snow has kept hunter to the main roads and there are A LOT of hunters .
Further up you have the Midvale , Cambridge and Brownlle summit area. Good hunting there to .
With the Midvale area your actually cutting in on the Hitt mountain area , which is the east side of Manns creek but again if the snows stay to long , you wont get to the birds or be confined to private land or the main roads with all the other hunters .
On the east side of Highway 95 there is good hunting . But that’s also mostly private land. a lot of which is owned by Solens .
Good folks . But Like the rock creek , and Jenkins creek area . If the owners catch you in there without permission or if they don’t know you , they will hold you and have you arrested .
Brownlle summit is good . Lots of birds there to . But again lots of people .

Another good spot is out of Council on the back side of Cuddy Mt . heading out to Bear . Once you pass Hornet creek the private land starts to thin . Most all of it is fenced so your pretty safe to get out and hunt .
Also the OX ranch owns a lot of land out of Bear . If you call the HQ at bear . a lot of times they will let you hunt their land . NO ATV’s though . Its all foot or horse .
Myself , and a couple of the other members of our local muzzle loading club hunt Jenkins creek if the snows let us in .
If you would like to go , get in touch with me through PM when the time gets close I may be able to get you up there .

Capthcee
22lb double beard

Feeds Little
19lb tom

Daisy Toe Thumb
first Jake

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post