New
Find
Notify
Tools

A good morning
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Got him 11.5 beard 1 1/8 spurs was using my 12 gauge Caywood will post some pictures first chance I get......Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Good on ya Mr. Staley...that's gettin' it done !

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of the bird I shot this morning.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed. Congratulations.

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
awesome! There's got to be a story there somewhere?

Posts: 122 | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
Ya done good ole coon.. Cool I've hunted them Alabama birds before, they get a lot of pressure on em so they ain't as easy as most.

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's quite a beard on that one, Staley.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The birds around here are hunted hard I know of 2 Toms that have been shot at and missed.......Smiler but that's a different story . I have access to about 50 acres I can hunt on surrounded by several hundred acres of farm land and cow pastures. The turkeys like to hang out down in the hard wood bottom by the creek if they gobble I can hear them from my back porch. So Saturday I was sitting out drinking coffee as daylight approach and he started gobbling I grab my stuff and went down close to the area he was in he was moving right to left he passed in front of me about 80 yards and was coming in to my left and I eased myself into position for a shot you could tell he was intent on finding the hen he heard you could see that long neck and head scanning I was a little nervous he was at around 30 yards so I took the shot I normally jump up and run to them and get a foot on their neck but this time I waited several minutes till he stop moving. I'm almost sure he was one the big Toms I seen a few weeks back. This has been the biggest Tom I have killed to date and with a flintlock at that, now how sweet is that.

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
That is indeed sweet.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post