New
Find
Notify
Tools

PA Sucks
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
So I go to the maibox Friday and see I have mail from the PA Game Commission, from the elk section! I start reading and it says "You have been selected.."

I'm starting to shake with excitement when I read the next words - "to participate in a survey." I want a TAG, not a survey!! @%#$^

That's just mean. PA sucks... Frowner

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
LOL, Welcome to the machine!!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
When did they start hunting for elk? I don't think they allowed it when I left there 10 years ago.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Did you fill out the survey and send it back? They might be "fishing".

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
When did they start hunting for elk? I don't think they allowed it when I left there 10 years ago.

Ten years ago there weren't mountain lion in Maryland, either. Eeker

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
LD, when I was a young man they imported elk from another state to three counties bordering NYS. While hunting deer in the ML season one year I actually saw elk tracks. They as big as cow tracks. Apparantly the herd has grown enough and is healthy enough to issue a few permits.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I've been putting in for PA elk hunt permits for at least 15 years, so they've been there awhile.

LD, you know we don't have mountian lions, the DNR says so!! Smiler

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Come on out to Montana Osprey!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I used to hunt in PA back in the 1970s. PA used to be my favorite hunting state. Took several deer and a bear there. No elk in those days.

Here in TN we also now have a hunt-able elk herd. I have never applied for a permit, though. Tough to get.

I've heard that KY has one of the largest elk herds in the eastern US. I don't know about the regulations there.

Wyoming sucks, as far as I'm concerned! Couldn't hunt a large tract of public land there, because the one road into the property crossed a private ranch and the owner wanted $200. just for me to cross his land!

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Although my friend did not take his Ky elk with a bp gun, it goes to show how bug they can get, there. If the photo doesn't post I'll try something else.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Kentucky has a big elk herd and a pretty good sized hunt, but I always forget to put in for tags there. I checked when I put in my PA application, already have 10 preference point built up and I know I've missed a few years. 125 elk tags there this year. I also put in for the Keystone Elk Alliance tag, they draw one special tag (like the Governors tags out west) and the winner gets to hunt any weapon all fall, guided hunt, free mount and filmed for a TV shos. Don't you think they should draw my name so they can film a flintlock hunt?!? Smiler

Factor
posted Hide Post
* Raises hand* I think that would be a good thing, I'd vote for you to get it....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Moose in Maine are lottery draw,same thing, keep putting in, Wear them down!!! The party is over when their knees buckle.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Sooo, what happens if afore mentioned moose decides to stomp you into a bloody goo? Do you get to shoot it?

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Boartooth once you call them out,toe the line and it is the best one wins.Never heard of a moose attacking anyone,most of the time they just want to leave,find a big thicket far from the road or a long shallow lake,wade way out to die in.

Factor
posted Hide Post
'Crow, actually I was making a snarky reference to how difficult it is to get tags for some critters. Here in Oregon,if you defend yourself against a critter that is protected, you're lucky not to go to jail. Lol.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Boartooth I know one family that gets drawn alot while others, never.
Same here on shooting protected animals in self defense,,so the 3 S's apply,Shoot,Shovel and Shut up.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Yup, heh heh.