New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter squirrel shoot
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Had some fun one afternoon this week, took my little .36 flinter out for squirrels and had a buddy from the local TV outdoor show along to film. Said he got some really good footage, hopefully it will help spread the gospel of the holy black. Ended up with 2 greys, missed another one. When it airs I'll see if I can get a link to it...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
That sounds cool....Please post if possible.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That does indeed sound cool. I'd very much like to see that one.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I was told the preview was on the news this morning, so the show will air this weekend. They usually have it online in a week or two after that, so as soon as I can find it I'll post up the link.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
When you shoot up in the air /trees while hunting squirrels do you wait for the squirrel to be in front of the tree to stop the ball or are you using shot?

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Now there's a pithy question..... Big Grin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I try to always do it that way.

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Depends where I am, what I'm shooting and what's in the line of fire.

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I usually cast special "short range" ball for squirrel hunting. Those will only go about 40 yards, come to a complete stop in the air and then drop straight down to the ground. Big Grin

Factor
posted Hide Post
Ummmm, yeah, pull the other one, it's got bells on.....Lol.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...UxU&feature=youtu.be

It's finally up online on youtube!!!

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nice video.
My only comment is that when loading it doesn't clearly show the use of a powder measure.

Turkey season continues here in Tenasi. I have only been out three times, but still have not seen a bird. I read somewhere that turkey numbers are down here in TN. I believe it! Although, a friend reported seeing two toms strutting beside the road one morning as he was going to work.

Spring squirrel season opens here on May 12th.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very nice!It's giving me the itch to get my .32 TVM Southern out again.

Best regards. RH

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I use a powder measure, but don't have any control over what they film and edit.

Supposed to be on tonight's show with a BP turkey hunt, although nothing came close enough for a shot. We did get some good film of gobblers across the field, thankfully they had a 50x zoom on their camera.

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That video, Osprey, was great.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very good hunt,reminds me of when I was in Georgia and hunted squirrels up the Altamaha River, over by Ludowici,snakes and squirrels,plenty of both.You hunted slow,sneak look for snakes check the trees, look for snakes,sneak and repeat.oh and the occasional wild pig.Lots of pigs usually meant few snakes.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks Osprey I've got to wait until Oct. for my squirrel hunting.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post