Find
Notify
Tools

hunting
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Anybody hunting yet?

Here in Tenasi for big game the bear season opens first. In for a week. out, in again; for 4 or 5 separate segments.
Anytime bear or deer is open, so are wild pigs.
Although there is no closed season on the pigs on private property.

I've taken a bear in the past and have no desire to take another. However, I sure would like to get a young pig of around 100 - 150 pounds. Good eating!

So, I've been out wandering the mountains several times. I've come across lots of pig sign, but so far the critters have eluded me.

Muzzleloader deer opens in about a week.
I'll be out there.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
here in Michigan small game, fall turkey, and archery deer is open.

Nov. 15 firearm, then in Dec. archery open back up then muzzleloading deer.

Big Lee

Posts: 46 | Location: PawPaw,Mi | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Archery deer is open here in Ohio, and squirrel (rifle, pistol, shotgun, archery) also. However, I haven't been out yet. The dog tore his right ACL a couple of months ago and he needs to keep quiet while it heals. He has severe separation anxiety and drives my wife crazy with whining if I'm gone without him so we both stay home. He stays in the car when we're shopping or on the Pastoral walks.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Been hunting squirrels here in CT since 9/1 with my .32 flintlock. So far I have gotten 13 squirrels. Deer season starts on 11/1 for me, and I plan to spend a few days at my up-state property hunting them to fill the freezer.

Posts: 20 | Location: SE CT | Registered: 27 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I stopped hunting probably 6 or so years ago. Problem is a wrecked spine, ra and general falling apart physically. I do miss it; that's what I looked forward to since I was a kid. But no more. I can still shoot at the range, etc, just can't get outside early and tolerate the pain. But I've gotten more deer than I could even begin to count. Same goes for squirrels. And there were random critters such as bobcats, coons, possum, rabbits and coyote. And as my condition got worse I found myself simply not wanting to shoot any critter.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
We do, however, enjoy the stories....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post