Find
Notify
Tools

Handgun while Hunting
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Hey, GMB, nice assortment you got there. My favorite outdoor carry is a ,45 3-screw Ruger BH with handloads. Otherwise it's the TVM flint pistol. Thing about the TVM is that if the target is a ways off, it's accurate enough to punch a hole in it; if it's up close, it'll incinerate it.

NWTF, I like the PC laser sight. I would guess it uses a small whale oil lamp for a light source Big Grin.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
NWTF, I like the PC laser sight. I would guess it uses a small whale oil lamp for a light source Big Grin.

You noticed that did you?... Big Grin

I love my HC stuff but in the real world to protect myself and my family from the nut jobs that are out there I want to have what it takes to stop them.

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase Rorschach, "I'm not stuck in this world with them; they're stuck in this world alone with ME"!

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
double barrel 20 guage with 12 inch barrels loaded with buck and ball fine percussion gun the number 3 buck will clear a pathway at close range love it. carry it every time i venture into the woods, no bears here where i live only cyotes but somtimes the come around in packs

Posts: 86 | Location: North central Alabama, Limestone County, Athens | Registered: 09 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
I'ts odd that its illegal to have a modern SxS sawed off less than 18", but SxS MLs are OK...good for us...but odd.

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have carried my .50 cal. Great Plains Pistol when I hunt w/ my Great Plains Rifle. I also have a belt knife or a hawk. I crossed paths with some creepy individuals last year, so I have resolved to carry my 1858 Remington revolver instead of the GPP. +C+

Posts: 39 | Registered: 23 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
The state of Idaho just clarified their rule to an archery hunter...it sounds very reasonable to me. I'm gonna butcher what they said by paraphrasing...something like: Feel free to carry a handgun while archery hunting. Just don't shoot game with your handgun that you are supposed to be shooting with arrows.

Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Montour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roundball:
I'ts odd that its illegal to have a modern SxS sawed off less than 18", but SxS MLs are OK...good for us...but odd.

Pre 1898.......

Its also perfectly legal to have a shoulder stock for a 1860 Army, now if you have a conversion cylinder in the gun firing fixed ammunition, you just might, perhaps, not a lawyer; be guilty of building a short barreled rifle without having filed the right form and paid for your 200 buck tax stamp..........

Now Im not going to ask the ATF for an opinion as they would most likely muck it up and rule that conversion cylinders were illegal or something of the sort, all without any actual laws to back them up. We are talking about the folks that ruled that a shoestring was a machinegun in one of their opinions.....

Posts: 150 | Location: Right where Im standing | Registered: 07 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post