Find
Notify
Tools

Delmarva Sika
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
FINALLY! FIRST CONTACT!!!

The sika first started on an island at the mouth of the tidal river I live on, maybe 6-8 miles by boat, but as they moved out over the last 100 years they all went the other way, east and north to where they are now commonly found 40 miles away in those directions. The section of land where I live, on the other side of the river, has never had them, or at least not a true viable population. I've lived here my whole 45 years and never seen one on my place. Until TODAY!!

Was on the tractor and a doe ran in front of me to a patch of tall grass, she stayed there for 20 minutes while I tilled back and forth by her. Acted like she had a fawn hid in the grass. Maybe this is finally the start of something good. Smiler

Now if I can just get all the neighbors to let them be until they build up their numbers. I would love to have them out the back door instead of a 20 minute drive down the county.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ah but are they tasty?
Big Grin
LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
That's the rumor....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loyalist Dave:
Ah but are they tasty?
Big Grin
LD

Oh my yes, best thing on four feet! This one won't be though - as the old farmer says, you can't have eggs if you kill the hen!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post