MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Hunting    Best Formula for Late Afternoon Hunts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Formula for Late Afternoon Hunts
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted
1) Go to bed a couple hours later than normal
2) Set morning hunt alarm for 4:15am
3) Leave bedroom window open for cold fresh air
4) Have electric blanket turned on
5) Hear alarm going off at 4:15
6) Turn off alarm
7) Have coffee by the fire with wife a couple hours later

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Big Grin Makes sense to me! esp;this morning Eeker man it's cold and windy

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
#5 6 and 7 is what I did this morning......Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That's good.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It's almost like you've been spying on me.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Hmmmph. Youngsters!

Gotta get up early to pee anyway so make coffe and enjoy it on way to the stand, pee again.

Watch the sunrise and enjoy the woods waking up.

Pass on a doe or small buck but stay in the stand till noon or when I have to pee next.

Go home and take a nap. Get up and pee again then fix a bourbon and water and watch the sunset.

Excellent and I don't have to track a deer using a flashlight.
TC

Posts: 138 | Location: Cedar Valley, Travis Co., TX | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of 1720Todd
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great morning.

I went out this AM much later than usual and when I got within 10 yards of my stool the woods exploded with Does. So I went back in and took my wife to lunch.

Posts: 88 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 07 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Rocklock, you have it pegged for sure.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Rockland,

Sounds like a day in life....and I write this sitting by the fire with my Bourbon and water

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post