New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got A Small Turkey
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
I bought a used committee of safety musket a year ago. It was built by Gary White Roosevelt Utah.I shot at the North Eastern in July and the Ancient Ones Vous last weekend. I loaded it with #4 shot in a paper tube and headed out. I found some and the game of where are they going began. I tried three time to get in a favorable position. Finally after running to catch up and then slowly moving through the cover of the woods I saw two heads.
I cocked it and brought it to my shoulder. I squeezed the trigger and it fired instantly. I saw wings flapping.It sure as hell wasn't the biggest I've ever shot but it was a turkey and it took all the shot in the head. If I had stayed where I had originally been they would have walked right in front of me! I was pretty happy to take a bird with it.
Nit Wit

Posts: 6 | Location: Livermore, Maine | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very good.
What bore/gauge size?
Here in Tennessee only certain areas are open for fall turkey hunting. In my home region there is no fall turkey season.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

We don't have a fall season in my area either, sounds like fun.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post