Find
Notify
Tools

Rare Thing to See
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted
In the newspaper obits today was a photo of a deceased individual kneeling beside a whitetail doe he'd taken. Not that unusual as similar photos have appeared in the obituaries from time to time. What was special about this photo was the rifle he held in his arms. The rifle was a fine looking flintlock longrifle. RIP, brother.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Dude, what was his name? I might know him, if he's in VA down there with you.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Oh. On first read, I took it mean there was a dead guy kneeling by a deer, who happened to have a Longrifle. I get it now. Another gone west.

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Can't remember his name, but he was still alive when the pic was taken.....at least I hope he was.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post