Find
Notify
Tools

Good 3 yr old
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted
Got this bird on up in the morning today. He had his harem with him plus a couple of buddies but the woods was too thick to count how many. Worked around an got on the same ridge with them an just clucked an purred to the hens to let them lead him too me. At about 25 yrds I introduced him to "Achilles" my 12 ga flintlock english smoothbore. I really dont think he appreciated the the introduction. Im gonna call this one a 3 yr old. He had a 9 an half inch good thick beard and 1 inch sharp spurs. I have lost my little scales but he feels about 19 lbs. Good luck to all the longbeard chasers this spring

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
SCHWEET Big Grin

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
That thar iz a profeesnaional turkey slayer,that dadgum Waddlebuster Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
You sure know how to get it done.Congrats Wattle

Posts: 33 | Registered: 04 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Bout time somebody got this group started!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
WOOT!!!!!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Perfect match of gun and man, if I may be so bold.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
I can see why the bird didn't appreciate the introduction to your critter getter!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Good one WB. And I surely do love Achilles! Every time I see a picture of it I turn a little green.

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Nice work!

Posts: 54 | Registered: 16 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
TC, I think the factor that makes it special is skill.... Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Turkeys Beware! Good shootin WB.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post