Find
Notify
Tools

Guns for Game This Season
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Hanshi. I appreciate it very much. A couple of kicks in the arse ajusted my attitude real fast. As I recall that always worked when my father used his foot as well. I would rather make minor adjustments in my diet than have surgeries and take prescription meds. Not critisizing anyone who has to. I am going to Houston in Nov. to have a surgeon evaluate the specific type of surgery and when for my whopping size groin hernia.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Jeeze Volli, I’m sure glad you added hernia to the end of that sentence! Wasn’t sure where you were going with things!! Hehehe
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I began to see what it looked like, so I needed to confess my sins.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I have to take some 8, or so, prescription drugs/injections. I don't like it! I've also had my share of broken bones, surgeries - L & R shoulders as well - but I earned every one of them. Cool

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Hehehe Hanshi, them stories behind them scars are always the best!!
Onliest thing I wish with the health is I wish I didn’t have to take all the pills. It do make a feller feel not very rough n tough anymore when ya gotta stop in the middle of workin on a gun to take a little pill and lots of water, then stop again cause ya drank too much water! Why I remember when I could go almost half the night without a bathroom break!!

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Yes, Walk, I put 4 drops of an herb in 2 ounces of water and drink it twice a day. when a man gets old the outlet valve of the bladder gets less flexible. It doesn't open well, and more embarrssingly, doesn't close well. This herb keeps it more flexible both directions so you can have a full stream and empty the bladder and the closes for no more wet spots exiting the baño.

pistuo deo lalo

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Right now, I'm planning on using my northwest trade gun. I built her years ago. Being home made, she's not perfect, but she always goes bang when I pull the trigger, and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

The wife wants pork chops, and she should be more than up to the task.

NWTG

Posts: 23 | Registered: 20 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
One good thing about taking all of these pills, it has kept my weight down, I don't have that much room for food after taking my 18 pills

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I don't know if these photos will post - having trouble on this site - but the top is my .62 flint smoothbore which I'll be using in Va on the 4th of Nov. Bottom is my "sorta hybrid" Lancaster .50 flintlock which I'll use on the hunt in WV. Again, if these photos post the third one should be my late Lancaster .45 flintlock which has been my go-to deer rifle for years. It will be in "backup" mode in Wv. Well, here goes and I'll see if I have photos posted. [IMG]https://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/5964095148/PICT0586_zps3eb41df4.jpg.html.zip[/IMG] 7405ae69 0012 4efa 886d 2651c9c08aae zpswsnzqleq 1PICT0384 1

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Seems the smoothbore didn't come through; let's see about a second try.

PICT0586 2 1

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, if a New England farmer had been able to take digital photos in the late 17th century...

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Hanshi,what is holding up that gun just makes it all the prettier.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Those are all very nice rifles guys, much better job on the builds than my skill set allows. Mine do go bang and make meat, just don’t look the prettiest! Lol.
Btw, talk of, and rifle pictures are what is most enjoyable. Love it!!
Walk