Find
Notify
Tools

Kentucky White Tail
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted

A kentucky white tail.
Spike buck. Shot with a 45 cal, 80gr FFFG and PRB. He decided to fall part way down a steep ravine and made for a very difficult night. BUT we got him home and have sufficiently recovered from the ordeal to go after a doe to finish out my limit. If not this week, There is always the December week of Muzzle Loading.

Seasoned woodsmen that depend on skill and knowledge to lead them to a successful hunt rather than the crutch of modern technology
http://americanlonghunter.com

Posts: 71 | Registered: 22 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Looks like a feast to me,,,Congrats

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your hunt !

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's a huge body for a spike. Good doings.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Congrats to ya. Fine looking flinter.

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
'grats on the hunt!!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Way to go congrats

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Congrats.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Posts: 90 | Location: WV | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos. Nice buck!

Posts: 51 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Pat,
Congratulations again on you first Cantucky deer. May there be many more in your future.
Tom Black
Cantucky

Posts: 63 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 14 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Good Job!

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of 1720Todd
posted Hide Post
Congrats.
I remember a doe I shot years ago that went down into a deep creek bed. It took my brother and me hours to get her out. Of course it was the only deep creek bed for miles and she found it.

Posts: 88 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 07 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post