New
Find
Notify
Tools

MD Bear 2019
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hanshi sure is different than hunting Ludowici or the Altamaha River. good side no snakes to watch for.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
7 degrees now just where did that come from? Arctic Blast they call it.I call it wood stove ,good book and hot coffee.Today predicted to be Rut day,,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Yeah, rub it in, Boartooth. But I suppose I'll be missing my old home from now on. But a lot of people up here are from somewhere else; I mean everybody's got to be from somewhere....or not.

The snakes were just icing on the cake for me, Walking Crow. I just got so used to dressing out my deer there in the woods while I just wore a t-shirt. But like the Duke said, "A man's got to do what a man's got to do".

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I was out from dawn to dusk today.
A little chilly in the morning with the temperature in the low 30's, but the afternoon warmed up to near 50*F. Mostly cloudy day, with only a very light breeze. Walking through the fallen leaves, though, was like crunching through cornflakes.
I only saw one doe.
Now, other things require my attention so I probably won't get back in the woods again until next week.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
LOL.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I haven't been in the woods since last Thursday. That evening as I left I set my trail camera.
Today I retrieved my camera and found pictures of a good buck on it. Looks like a 7 pointer. Right in front of my blind at about 9:20am last Friday. Also a coyote at midnight on Saturday. But, that is all after 4 nights and 3 1/2 days of the camera being set. No sign of the does I had been seeing.
I think the rut may be in full swing and the deer have changed their patterns.
The temperature has warmed up. Almost 60*F here this afternoon. Clear sky. Beautiful autumn day.
I will be back in my blind again before dawn tomorrow.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post