New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black powder season
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Muzzleloader season for me is around the corner. October 1st can't get here fast enough!I plan on being in the woods opening morning dressed as a 1760's SC settler with my 24 gauge smooth bore. Any other hunters out there who immerse themselves in the black powder era when hunting?

Posts: 552 | Location: SC | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
All but lost interest in Hunting,all the old crew waiting at Point al a Barbe,,called in by the Great Factor. Last man standing is a lonely place,last one in camp is a real bust.No one to share the old days with,or make new memories. I catch myself talking to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walking Crow,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Our squirrel season opens on Sept. 1st. Looking forward to it. I will start out using my 28 gauge as the leaves will be thick on the trees this time of the year. Once the leaves start dropping I will switch to my Blevins .32 flint lock. I try to dress the part of a long hunter, but our state requires 400 square inches of blaze orange which kinda defeats the purpose.

Posts: 20 | Location: SE CT | Registered: 27 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
We have to wear an orange hat or vest when big game season is open. I have an orange monmoth cap I can wear. Small game and turkey season we don't have to wear orange.

Posts: 552 | Location: SC | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Here to,,,Here's one for you to ponder,,Maine classifies Raccoon's as large game.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Y'all must have some big **** coons up there! Don't think I want to tangle with one!

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods loper:
Y'all must have some big **** coons up there! Don't think I want to tangle with one!

You also don't want to tangle with our snowshoe hares.

Bear and turkey season starts soon with deer opening later in November.
 [img]https://i.ibb.co/3R0Lm9v/Snowshoehoriblis.jpg[/img] 

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hanshi:
quote:

You also don't want to tangle with our snowshoe hares.

Bear and turkey season starts soon with deer opening later in November.
 [img]https://i.ibb.co/3R0Lm9v/Snowshoehoriblis.jpg[/img] 
Now I know why my Dad moved west....Bunnies out here are vegetarians....Lol

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
He, he, he.....

cop and bear

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I would never go out to kill a bear but I would love the opportunity to see one in the wild.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Re: the second pic....."Mommy?".....Hehehe.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would never go out to kill a bear but I would love the opportunity to see one in the wild.

I've seen several while "out & about" and it thrills me every single time! I love bears and sincerely respect them. In WV my partner and I had one come up facing us just to say "howdy", I suppose. Maybe 20 feet away.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Two weeks ago I was barbequing some ribs in the back yard. i was concentrating on the ribs when I heard a rustling in the bushes off to my right. I looked up and to my right towards the woods, and about 25 feet from me was a healthy black bear.I went up onto my porch and grabbed my air horn and gave him a blast. thank God he took off like a scalded cat. At my age I don't think that could wrassel a bear for my dinner.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post