Notify
Tools

coonmedicinetrapper
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
'coon!

How you been, old friend?!

It's been a long time since we heered from you, fer as I know. GREAT to see you posting again.

Ah didn't wont ta hah-jack tha other thread, but I did want to give you a shout. I used to really enjoy your posts about hunting with your hawken, trapping, an' such. Young'un after ma own heart, ya was.

Give us an update if'n you would, please. I'm pretty sure I ain't tha only feller here who would like to know what you're doing, how you're doing, where yer headed, and all that.

Folks what remember when ol' 'coon was just a young'un sharin' his a'huntin' and a'trappin' experiences with us, please jump in h'yar.

Ol 'coon's growed up now, so might need ta know yer innersted... Big Grin

Spot

Posts: 849 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Yup! Ol' Coon was a hoot! Itchin' to git goin' and his pa havin' fits to keep him settled. The life he's presently took up will have him a graybeard before his time, for sure. Hope he comes out of it learned, respectful, and in good health!

Here's to ye, young mountainman--make yer tracks, but keep 'em on solid ground! And never fergit yer pa!

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I do remember, I think he wanted to head out west. If my memory serves me right.
-Tony

Posts: 349 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 14 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
howdy brothers who follow the old ways, and yes it has been quite awhile. I am well, as i hope you all are too.

Wild as the wind

Posts: 404 | Location: Hittin the road | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I have become a man off alternative ways, i still trap and hunt, i was just in northern PA with my dad trapping beaver and a few weeks before that me and my dad, and always my dog, spend 3 days two night with the locks hunting deer and trappin cats and beaver, the road is the last frontier and a lot of being on the road with just a pack reminds me very much of the men of old just trying to survive and live freely

Wild as the wind

Posts: 404 | Location: Hittin the road | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Enjoy every minute of it!! Tony

Posts: 349 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 14 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Hello Young Coon! It is good to hear you're still at it. Keep it up and take it all in. I've made a couple of bows mainly due to your post many moons ago. Happy trails!

Chasing Crow

Posts: 219 | Location: n.e. ohio | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
yeah im ditchin this same old town again in a month or possibly less, theres so much to see though, the same road you might drive everyday- if ya walk it, your eyes see so much when you drive that road at 50, and very nice chasing crow i hope you make some meat

Wild as the wind

Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Ya, things do look more alive on foot. You are making a lot of us old coons envious with your willingness to chuck conventional life for the adventurous road. Keep us posted and by all means keep safe.(especially hopping those trains).
May the Lord be your traveling partner.
Chasing Crow

Posts: 219 | Location: n.e. ohio | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post