MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Hunting    2017 turkey season is history
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 turkey season is history
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted
Well its over here in the heart of dixie. I didnt get to hunt as much as I always have due to family (elderly care) but I still had a ball an laid 2 on the ground. One of them only had one spur. It Should have been four but 2 of those evil devil bred longbeards took advantage of an aging old mans weakness of losing his hearing an sneaked in behind me busting me when I reached for a call. They seem to not like playing by the rules. Both were killed with Achilles my 12 ga iron mounted Joe Schell built flintlock. The ranges were short an they gave up the ghost quickly. I hope all you guys that are still in seasons have a great one.

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I really like your banded powder horn.

I made 4 or 5 combination hunt/fish excursions along the Tennessee River. In the mornings I hunted the big birds beside the river. I saw turkeys each time, but only two were toms and neither one of them presented me with a shot. I never did hear a gobble. Silent birds!

After the morning hunt I climbed back in my boat and spent the rest of the day fishing, sometimes with good luck, sometimes not so much.

I had a great time, though, and that is the main point of it all.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great season! Congrats!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post