New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Horror
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
OH, the horror, our turkey season ended yesterday, nothing to hunt here until the first week of September. Frowner

I caught a 5 gallon bucket of white perch this morning and have the pots out catching crabs for the weekend, but it just doesn't seem to ease the pain...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Groundhogs?

When I was fishing yesterday I saw two Osprey nests. I drifted close by one of them and the parent bird loudly chirped its annoyance with me.

Soon after that I encountered a pair of real backward types, man and woman. I mentioned the Osprey, but those two people had no idea what I was talking about. I said some people call them a "fish hawk". But, no; the man said "I ain't never heard of such a thing." At least he did know what a hawk is.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Have you ever considered hunting wild big game vegetables? Escaped squash can be dangerous, of course, and not to mention the wild mushrooms; some of those things can kill you. I'm arranging a hunt for wild onions; those things can drop a big man in his tracks. And while they're hard to cook properly, tin cans have become a regular prey for my guns. Big Grin

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Crawdad
posted Hide Post
That's what I do all summer, ground hog hunt with my muzzleloader. And always on the look out for coyotes.

Posts: 678 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
We just had the second ground hog I've ever seen around here show up this summer, living under one of my Uncle's sheds. Too low here generally, more muskrats than whistlepigs!

Some of our skeeters are big enough to shoot with a .32 or .36, but I'm just starting on a .36 build... Frowner

Did spend the evening with the binocs one day this week, had two bucks in one of my clover plots that are going to be smokers by fall! Two months of antler growth ahead yet and already 12" of antler, spreading past the ears, with brow tines and first forks splitting. C'mon October!!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rancocas:
Groundhogs?

When I was fishing yesterday I saw two Osprey nests. I drifted close by one of them and the parent bird loudly chirped its annoyance with me.

Soon after that I encountered a pair of real backward types, man and woman. I mentioned the Osprey, but those two people had no idea what I was talking about. I said some people call them a "fish hawk". But, no; the man said "I ain't never heard of such a thing." At least he did know what a hawk is.

The local birds here know me well, we chirp and whistle back and forth all the time. They're always sitting on the dock poles or hovering over the cove or pond looking for fish. Many days I'll mimick their calls and they'll hang in the air 15-20' over my head as if saying hello. Smiler

Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh,more like "Who are you,and what are you doing in my hunting range!?"

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Boartooth, Time to hold up a fish and see what happens. May be a great experience no one will believe or make you change your name to dances with bird!!!

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post