New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waiting for fall...
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Well it's 90, hot and muggy now in mid July and I will really be happy when fall gets here! Starting to see some realy hammer bucks in velvet around, waiting to hear on a few tag lotteries and counting down the days until September...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Just can not make some people happy,ha ha ha ha ha ha My Grandfather use to say ,Some would gripe if you hung them with a new rope,,,Think back three months this is what we asked for,Looking for cooler weather,high 80's here and humid.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I won't even go scouting until it cools back down a bit. I was use to the jungle heat of my native Georgia so Maine weather is a bit of a treat. I'd like the tick population to thin out slightly, too. Deer season starts later here than in the Peach state but the turkeys are doing very well.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
There are four young squirrels that have been ravishing my bird feeder. I have stung them all in the butt with a pellet pistol, but they still come right back. hehehe Okay you guys, just wait until this fall. hehehe

90's and terribly humid here. The poison ivy is high in the woods, so I'm keeping clear of it for now. Ticks have not been too bad this year.
Been fishing, but only catching little ones. Fun, nevertheless.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I am wondering if there is any animals that haven't drowned. We have had an ungodly amount of rain here in the Poconos.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It's been so hot and dry here thet the dust doesn't have the energy to rise during the day!

Intermittent thunderstorms late afternoons and evenings. Got some hay in that hasn't been rained on. Sure making it hard on the hay farmers as to when to cut.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Only a very few days this summer that haven't been well above normal temps along with quite a bit of rain.

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
After a week of brutal 90-100 degree weather a front went through last night and it's clear, dry and 68 outside this morning!!!!!!!!!! C'mon fall!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
57 here this A.M. and very low humidity,weather has taken a turn for the better,I hope.see moose and deer tracks in the woods yesterday,berry crop doing well and apples everywhere,no chance to cause the animals to herd up and be restricted to one food this year. Lot next to me was cut this year and what a mess Slash and brush all over,might cause the deer to come over on my 33 acres.

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
67* in the Texas Hill Country. Low humidity and almost no wind. Outstanding for late July.

Posts: 138 | Location: Cedar Valley, Travis Co., TX | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That cool front passed through east Tenasi a couple of days ago. Very nice! I took advantage of it and jumped on some outdoors chores that had been piling up. Got a lot done.
The heat and humidity is coming back, however. Each day is a little hotter. Next week we'll be back in the frying pan.
Going up to the lake tonight for some catfishing.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Arther Mometer hit 94f today!

The density altitude was so high thet the wasps couldn't even hover!

Water in our cowboy swimming pool (3400 gallon stock tank) has gotten up to 76f, almost too hot to soak in!

Been a number of small lightening caused wildfires in the Bitterroot & Lolo National Forests as well as other areas.

Been seeing quite a few bucks in velvet moving through the valley.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Is that why them l'il critters were zipping around so furiously?They couldn't hover? It was so hot here( Oregons' High Desert) our Big Fluffy White Dog wouldn't eat her dinner till it got below 85*('bout 10:00 PM). Yeh, we're seeing velvet here too.That stock tank sounds like a good idea.Later.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I appears, guys, that those Georgia temperatures are moseying northward.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well it may still feel like summer, but I am definitely in fall mood now after what I saw this week. In a field near where I hunt, where I know from experience the bucks will be in my hunting spot, I saw a HUGE whitetail buck. Full velvet, big wide rack with a large split tine G2 on one side. Most impressive summer buck I've seen in a long time, can't wait to get after him this season!

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Two weeks til bow season! A few less for dove and early goose to open. Smiler

Still seeing loads of deer, including the big 10 on my place I call Lucky (because I passed him at 10 yards last year when he was still too young/small).

Had a dead fawn this morning in the yard by my pond, too. Wasn't there last night, sibling was standing near it and there wasn't a mark on the dead one. Just laying in the mown grass, already stiff. Wondering if maybe the mom is in the woods somewhere dead from EHD as dry as this summer has been, and the fawn couldn't make it on it's own...

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hiya Fellas!

Had a herd of 30+ elk pass between our place and the neighbors Tuesday morning while I was out feeding the horses.

All were in good shape; at least one 6x6, four 5x5's, two rag horns and a long spike, as well as numerous cows, calves, and yearlings. Still seeing a lot of whitetail bucks. Over on the east side of the Bitterroot I've seen some really nice size mulies.

Been hot and dry here, but we have had a reprieve with several days of cooler wx and some rain.

Regards, xfox

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Squirrel opens here tomorrow. Doves and Canada geese on Sept. 1
I went to check my local deer blind a couple of days ago. My shooting lanes through the brush were badly overgrown so I spent about two hours chopping them clear again. The heat was awful!
I saw plenty of deer sign around there where they cross the creek.
Very dry here, too. I went across the mountains to Murphy, N.C. today. It was raining a torrent on that side of the mountain! Dry as an old bone here. There is some rain in the forecast for us for the next few days.

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Bear in NH opens tomorrow morning 9/1!!!!

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I want to hear the Geese fly over,then I know it is time.