New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pa Bear Season
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted Hide Post
They do have some big ones. I think the press release they sent out said they had 3 taken this year over 700lbs and state record is well into 800lb range. Heck, state record in Maryland is mid 600'slb size and that's with only a 4 day hunt and a handfull of lottery tags. NC has the biggest on average, eastern NC routinely tags many over 800, probably becuase it's flat, warm and plenty of corn!

I'd hate to kill one of those biggun's 3 miles and 2 ridges deep into public land. Smiler

Posts: 215 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
John, are you doing this bear camp for 2017?? If I don't draw a MD tag I may be interested in checking it out. Looked at the map today, didn't realize the area was so close to my stomping grounds in western MD. Ohiopyle is only just north of there!

Posts: 215 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Yes I am. Have been deciding on where to camp this year. I have seen some good sign while flyfishing some of the small brookie streams.
Grouse populations seem to be pretty good this year also. I have been out of town alot this year, my first chance to get on this site in a while. Hello to all !!!

Posts: 69 | Location: Davidsville , PA | Registered: 10 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post