New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Buck Bound for '18
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Deer got the word, I pulled my charge,cleaned Mjolnir and put her away a few days ago,coming through my back yard eating the left overs of my garden and moving on.Rained the first week of the season and now it wont quit snowing,got a foot and still coming down.Season for M/L goes through 8 Dec,not one time out this season,miserable weather.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walking Crow,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
For my lifetime maine license I paid $10 and everything is included, all game with the exception of moose and a bonus deer permit. Those are the only ones you must apply for each year.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Oh; and I'll just add this. I can't hike mountains due to a physical problem; but I can still walk a ways and even hike up modest hills, or short mountains. It remains to be seen where I'll find a place to chase critters, and it will have to exclude a lot of driving. I'm counting on getting out next year.

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hanshi check into using an A.T.V. you might qualify,Pg.12 center paragraphs, General Hunting Laws drive out and set drive back!! Just can't shoot from it moving,I have an "Old Timers" Licence,getting long in the tooth.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walking Crow,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Let me check that out, Walking Crow.

Factor
posted Hide Post
I'm slowly moving into that category. I'd be interested in what you find out......

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well that trip was a bust. Had some travel problems and never got out there! Been hunting at home and have seen my big boy once this week, so at least I'm still afield...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Too bad that your trip didn't work out.
I'm still going out locally here in Tenasi, but I have not seen a thing. Fresh tracks every morning. Deer are moving at night.
Young fellow (18-20) who lives a short way down the road, hunts the same 90 acre local woodlot that I do. I bumped into him in the woods last Saturday. He has not seen anything either. He is a good, hard working kid. I like him.
Lots of rain raised the creeks and rivers. More rain coming soon. 18*F here at dawn this morning. Warming up to about 40* this afternoon. Freezing rain here, snow on the mountain tops.
I will probably go out a few more times yet, but even though the deer season runs into January, I will put away my rifle before Christmas and start looking for small game through the rest of the winter.
Meanwhile, my wife is dragging me to one Christmas party after another.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post