New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pyramid tent blind
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I have been hunting the same woods for about 20 years. It is the edge of a mountain laurel swamp about 20 years. Most people here use tree stands, last year someone put up what looks like a pyramid tent right where I always set up. It is an ugly thing and probably puts the deer off. I didn't see 1 deer last year. At the very least I see a couple of does but last year"0". The only thing different was that blind, have to do something about that.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I don't go up in the trees anymore, either. My bones are too brittle now. I know of two guys who fell from their tree stands. One broke his neck and is dead. The other also broke his neck and is now a paraplegic.

I pile up brush to make a ground blind. Several years ago someone set up a homemade, wooden ladder stand directly over my brush blind. I knocked it down and left them a note! Never did see who put it up.
Last Christmas my wife gave me one of those tent-like blinds. I may or may not try it this year. Might be nice to sit in there when it rains.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Is it public land that allows the stand to be unnatural and left behind?

I found a "permanent" stand..., it was a ladder stand with four legs added, weighed bout 200 lbs by my estimate. It was resting on the ground, so the owner likely thought it came under "temporary" but I found it when it wasn't hunting season for anything. Called DNR.... it was removed.

I too prefer ground blinds that are natural. I like a couple trees that are a V at their base and use them to break up my outline.

I found when I used to hunt a defunct vinyard... that although there are lots of posts present to hold the wires for the vines that never grew..., the deer do notice when one of the posts is a lot fatter than the rest. Eeker

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post