Find
Notify
Tools

Finally
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted
I have not been able to go much but this morning I got a pretty nice gobbler with my Caywood 12 ga english game gun. They gobbled good on the roost but shut up when their feet hit the ground (HENS) they then started back with an occasional gobble bout an hour later an this bird broke off from the flock to claim his prize which turned out to be a load of shot in the face. He gobbled bout 6 maybe 7 times coming in an has a 9 inch beard with 1 inch spurs and weighs 19 lbs

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Everything about that picture is perfect, from the bird to the bag, not to mention the gorgeous rifle and horn!! Congrats.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Almost a month until it starts here, going to seem like forever...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good job and congrats. Dealing with a lot of rain around my parts and a decrease in birds but still at it.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
'Grats,Wattle!! Good looking bird.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Cado
posted Hide Post
Great picture and beautiful bird, I know your happy.

Posts: 617 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Nice bird WB and a beautiful outfit! Anyone who is blessed to own a Caywood gun is blessed indeed. Also, is that a Curt Lyles bag per chance?

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Yep sure nuff. Bag by Curt an the horn is by Scott Sibley

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
You shure got nice toys mister.... Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Super job, I'm green

Posts: 140 | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Really like that horn!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Excuse my late reply pab1 but thanks for the compliment on the horn but I cant take the credit for somebody else's work. That compliment belongs to Scott an Cathy Sibley.