MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    WINTER ALREADY??? Brrrrrrr!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WINTER ALREADY??? Brrrrrrr!!!!
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
The northern Rockies is getting hit by a major storm this weekend with predicted 2 to 5 feet of snow in the higher elevations of Glacier National Park.

Valleys are expecting 1 to 9 inches of snow and low temps in the mid twenties through Tuesday.

Going to get everything out of the garden today and place heaters in the horses water troughs. I thought I'd left that kind of weather when we moved here from Alaska.

Keep your eyes to the ridgelne......'n' yor long woolies handy!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I think you're going to have another rough winter up there in the Northland.

I would like to see a little snow again. Last winter we got a total of about a half inch.

Record high here yesterday of 96*F. We finally got a little rain last night, after several weeks of no rain at all. However, last night's storm didn't do anything to releave the drought.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Went to the range today. It was wintery out there for sure. -2c (28f) and snowing. Still got in about 2 hours of shooting though before my fingers couldn’t feel the trigger anymore.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
It won't be long until we get some white stuff up here, hope it holds off until Dec. this year. Meanwhile, down in my native Georgia it's still between the low 90s and 100, depending exactly what part of the state you happen to be in.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well, we hit another record of 100*F here yesterday.

Last week I had cut down a big ash tree, and yesterday morning a friend and I spent several hours cutting it into firewood and loading it on his trailer. I was totally wiped out from the work and the heat for the rest of the day.

That Montana cold front is supposed to reach us by Sunday. We expect some much needed rain for Monday, and next week we should have normal fall temperatures in the 70's. That will certainly be welcome.

I don't expect to do any hunting until November.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post