New
Find
Notify
Tools

Met Windy!
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
There I was innocently parson-izin' to my beloved congregation o' country folk, when in he walked with his lovely lady, Martha! Why, warmer folk you never met.

Windy ain't nothin' like Ol' Whitehair said he was . . . Haw! Haw!

Anyhow, we went an' et after church and had a grand visit. One of the nicest things that could've happened.

Smilin'Sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
You met with Windy Leftover? 'Sticks, you do have my sympathies.... Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Windy Leftover??! Now there's a name an' no mistakin'!Any explanation fit for (sort of)polite company?

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Mike,

He's s'posed to give you my greetings when he sees you next. In case he forgets . . . "Greetings."

And he wasn't too awful tough on you . . .

As for "Leftover," he surely didn't have any leftover greens and pot roast!

Boartooth, Windy's last name is Wendover. I dasn't ask Mike how he came up with 'Leftover' . . .

Fiddlesticks

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
'Sticks & 'Tooth, "Leftover" is mainly just a rhyme with Wendover, and somehow it usually seems appropriate. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I love it,seems appropriate for a crusty ol' buckskinner.

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
'Tooth, Oh, so true.... Shoot sharp, Mike

Factor
posted Hide Post
Leftovers do tend to git a crust on 'em . . .

All kiddin' aside, he's a fella I'd like to spend more time around. 'Tain't possible, don't reckon. It's a loooong way to whur he's at.

Fiddlesticks

Factor
posted Hide Post
Speakin' of which,where is Buffalo River Country?

Factor
posted Hide Post
'Tooth, Buffalo River is in north Arkansas, heading up in Newton county, running all the way across two more counties and emptying into White River. It's our nation's first National River, controlled by the National Park Service.

Fiddlesticks

Factor
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it,betcha can't tell I've been in The West all my life...... Big Grin

Factor
posted Hide Post
Can't blame you fer that, 'Tooth. Too much to swaller-up a feller in the West to worry about one crick in these 'Ol Ozarks. First think Windy told me t'other day was that our timber hereabouts was nothin' but saplings and brush compared to out there.

Born way out west, m'self. But Pa took a itch to move to these green, green hills when I was but a sapling m'self. And a short one, at that. So I growed up on Clear Creek yonder in Marion county, where you could see every fish in it, and never see another human soul all the live-long day. Sigh . . .

Fiddlesticks

Factor
posted Hide Post
The thing is,I really am a Mountain kinda guy,too much nothing in between here an' there to tempt me to make the journey...Sure sounds purty though.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
well, i'm right glad i finally met 'sticks up close. he surely can preach a lick, and sings some, too, with that fine lady kathryn keepin' him on key. i'm told he's a banjo picker, but can't verify--maybe if i'd got there fer the first part of the service! hey, 'sticks, we made it home, back to the great northwet. ain't seen old pale rug yet, but i'll give him a howdy fer ya next ronnyvoo! we've seen the elephant; ain't no more reason to roam, but if you mae it out this way, there's more'n a few of us'll be around to fill yer coffee cup!
mind yer topknot!
windy

Posts: 487 | Location: wetside o' washington | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Glad you made 'er home safe and sound, Windy. Y'all surely did make a nice day for this ol' brush goat. Kathy has talked about it ever since. Thanks for the invite out your way. It'd be tallsome to meet some o' the fellers'n'gals way over yonder. PA Dutchman has been keepin' up with this thread. He hated to miss meeting you, but I'm sure he sends his greetings.

And we do need to keep in touch . . .

Fiddlesticks

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it home safe, Windy. Mrs. Dutchman and I are truly disappointed we didn't get to meet you and the Mrs. You are right, Bro. Sticks is awful good at Pastorizing. We have been part of his flock now for a couple of months and we are blessed to be part of such a loving, on fire, congregation.
PA Dutchman

Posts: 79 | Location: Yellville,Ar | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post