New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Man
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Yes, Its green light laser. Yes I still have to take finasteride, I guess for ever. Mark

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks, MarkH. I just read more about TURP (trans urethral resection of the prostate). It seems there wouldn't be a bleeding issue with the laser surgery. There sure is with turp. This gives me pause. I think I would like the the gold plated metal stent, but I can't get that or laser surgery down here in old México.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Yah, the laser worked out well. In a few days I was back to work.

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
My wife bought me a scooter so I could get around instead of using the bicycle, which the urologist doesn't want me to do anymore. I rode to a nearby town today to try it out, 6 kilometer round trip. Piece of cake on the peddle bicycle, torture on the scooter. I have some ideas to make it easier. will let you know. In the end it may be easier to walk. Maybe some day a motorbike. These little towns are a pain to find parking for a minvan.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Yah! I've tried to ride a motorscooter on a less-than-perfect road surface.....Wild ride!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
BT, this is actually a child's scooter, albeit a little larger with a 20 inch wheel on the front and a 16 inch wheel on the back. With caliper brakes both ends. This morning I put the back axle in its upper mounting slots, lowering the platform. This greatly improved my ability to stand on one foot and push with the other. Will be thinking of how I could mount a peddle type device so that I would not have to push on the road surface for propulsion.

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Ahh, I see....In that case it would be an even more interesting ride!....Practice, practice, practice, lol.

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I am officialy old. I bought my first bag of adult diapers for the trip back to PA. El León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Ya do what ya gotta do...."Just keep swimming.."
Or, more appropriate for our generation,"keep on trucking..."

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
volatpluvia just do what you have to do. Markh

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I have cancer in my prostate that is beyond surgery. The needle biopsy confirmed that it is aggressive. The body scan confirms that it has spread to my lymph nodes in the groin and one node that is above my groin. The bone scan shows it is not there yet. I am currently recovering from the TURP. I am taking pills now that block testosterone from feeding the cancer. I will start shots in 2 weeks that will cause my body to stop producing testosterone. This will be the extent of my treatment. We can only slow it for some time. El León

pistuo deo lalo

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Wow. Very sorry to hear that, Volat. Best of luck, and my prayers go to you.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Man....prayers are out there..... Never give up.Our destiny isn't in our hands, you know that.

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys, I have submitted all to my Lord and savior. I see the doctor again on the 15th. I want to press him a bit on how this will play out. knowledge is comforting to me.

pistuo deo lalo

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Bummer!! Leon, I just saw the post, prayers for you.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Crossfox.

pistuo deo lalo

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Leon,
I feel for you sir, I shorely do, but if I may offer to please somehow find a way to ensure your mind stays on the positive side my brother. I was diagnosed way back in February of 2012 having stage 4 pancreatic cancer and given less than 6 months. You may remember my story as I slipped into a bad place and lost my way for a long while. Its now been over 7 years and somebody must be looking over me as I am still kicking! Now don’t be thinking I’m all cured, as things have been progressing, but the doctors have slowed this progress, and this allows my to continue to shoot, spend time with grandkids and loved ones, as well as smell the morning coolness! I too have lost control of my bowels at times when things get bad, and understand the embarrassment that goes along. Just keep your head in a positive place, it is very important!!
There are many who care my friend.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I had a much older friend who had leukemia. The doctor gave him 6 to 10 mos. 20 years later he died of a heart attack.

Another friend developed a very aggressive prostate cancer and he did die of that. However, it was many years later.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to you.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Leon you are in my prayers and thoughts, hang tough.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Hey Leon, How you doin' (volatpluvia)? I haven't seen a post from you in a couple of months.

Part Man, Part Critter
Born under the watch of the Great Spirit

Posts: 71 | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post