Find
Notify
Tools

Old Man
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
Wow, you know you are an old man when you come out of the bathrooom and tell you wife: wow, I just had a really good pee! A full stream, I went a good volume and when I stopped I was done!

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
From time to time, you just have to take the small things in life and go with it.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I just stop and enjoy the fact I've survived this long....And then resume griping Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Old Lobo
posted Hide Post
I've had two knee replacements, a total shoulder replacement, my prostrate reamed out so's I could shoot a stream and I'm only 82. My grandson calls me Iron Man

Posts: 28 | Registered: 26 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
You fellas don't give a young guy much hope for the future! Smiler

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, old age ain't for sissies......

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Amen to that, brother Boar Tooth!

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Old Lobo, I have wondered if they could put a stent in. It works for coronary arteries. It would be much simpler. I may look into it when herbs completely fail me...

pistuo deo lalo

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I was told that you can tell you’re old if you sit in the tub and your nuts float. That’s why I only shower

Posts: 138 | Location: Cedar Valley, Travis Co., TX | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I was told that when the hair in your nose and your ears grows faster than the hair on your head, you are an official old fart. When people ask me my date of birth, I now respond 2 years before the invention of dirt.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, I'm gonna steal that, Bud.

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Ach! The old man has been suffering from eating chilis Sunday and yesterday. It irritates everything down below, and I mean everything!

pistuo deo lalo

Greenhorn
Picture of Old Lobo
posted Hide Post
At 82 sometimes people ask me if I still hunt. My stock answer is, "I'll hunt until they throw dirt in my face"

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
As it turns out, there is a stent that can be put in the urethra inside the prostate. I gave up on herbs and have made an appt. to see a uralogist and get medicine for both prostate and bladder. I saw a pic of a man celebrating his 93rd birthday on facebook. My only thought was: I wonder how well he pees.

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol....LOL!!.....So far,so good* crosses fingers*

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I sure do like the old man pictures.
I reckon I'm young at 70.
My prostrate problems keep me running to the bathroom about every one to two hours all around the clock. I need more sleep! At least the prostrate cancer seems to be under control and is not growing.
I had an eye operation about a week ago. Cataracts and glaucoma. I'm not satisfied with the result. Things are still blurry, but that may be due to the damaged optical nerve. If so, then there is nothing the doc can do about it. I go back to have the other eye done on Monday. He is putting in new lens and a stent in my eyeballs to help relive the glaucoma.
I'll continue to hunt and fish as long as I can see my gunsights and fishing knots.
My hearing is also going downhill fast. Navy guns on my ship off the coast of Vietnam started my hearing loss. Ten years as a firearms instructor added to it.
But, other than those things, I'm doing pretty good!
Hey! Its August. Squirrel season opens the end of this month.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
The 5" guns did a number to my hearing also.

Posts: 164 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Yes, I like the way Old Lobo says, "at only 82". So I guess I am still young at a mere 70. Just arrived. I am the youngest surviving child of my father. My brain has learned to deal with sleeping an hour at a time, so that on a few occasions when my herbs worked recently and I slept for 3 or 4 hours between potty runs I was done sleeping. If big pharma relieves my problems for a few years the old brain will need to figure out how to luxurate with more sleep or I will have take up a new quiet hobby to fill up the rest of the night. Él León

pistuo deo lalo

Greenhorn
Picture of Old Lobo
posted Hide Post
When nature wakes you in the night keep a gallon plastic jug beside the bed. That allows you to relieve yourself without even getting out of bed. Just move to the edge of the bed and bring the jug into position.

It will make it easier for you to go back to sleep if you don't get out of bed.

Be sure to cut a large enough hole in the top so you wont have a spillage problem.

You learn stuff when you get old. Big Grin

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Lobo; my wife would have a fit if I did that. Anyway it is just a few steps from our bedroom to the bathroom.

Camping, however, is another matter. Usually I just step outside of our pop-up camper in the dark of night, but if we happen to be in a well-lit campground, then I keep a pee bottle in the camper.

The real problem is when the urge suddenly hits me when I am out about town. A desperate, fast paced, search then begins to find a public restroom.

Wonder about the scent while hunting? I just stand up in my deer blind and let it go. I have read about some unscientific experiments that have been done to see how the deer react. The results seem to be that human pee smell, alone, does not bother deer. But, if you go in or near your blind and the deer smell it, they can also smell you, and that, of course, does bother them.

Went to bed at 10 last night. Up at 11:30 to use the bathroom. Managed to sleep until about 3 AM when I had to get up again. Three and a half hours straight is unusual! Wide awake after that, so I laid on the living room floor watching reruns of Johnny Carson, Jack Benny, and George Burns, etc. until 5 AM when I went back to bed. Up again at 6:30. I might take a nap this afternoon, but basically I'm up for the day now.
Except for the 3 1/2 continuous hours of rest, that is pretty much my routine.

The rain is letting up a bit today, so I am planning to get out on the lake for some fishing this evening. I'll launch my boat around 7 or 8 PM, catch some small baitfish, fish for bass until dark, then anchor, light my lantern, and try for some big channel and flathead catfish. I will probably be back home around midnight.

Operation on my other eye this coming Monday. So, I won't do much of anything next week.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post