Notify
Tools

Old Man
 Login/Join

Factor
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on that eye surgery,guy.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd share my experiences re: short sleep times. I was getting a maximum of 2-2 1/2 hours of sleep between pee episodes and thought it was something I'd just have to get used to. Then my wife threw a half nelson on me and dragged me down to get a sleep test. I ended up getting a CPAP machine, and now sleep 6 1/2 -7 hrs.before my bladder gets me up. My assumptions about what was happening was completely wrong. Apparently my body was spasming in order to get me to start breathing again, and that caused me to need to pee....Go figure,eh?

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Old Lobo
posted Hide Post
C-pap has been my bed partner for years, at home and away from home...even in deer camp

Posts: 28 | Registered: 26 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ya,I hate being dependent on technology just to sleep,but before I had to be in bed trying to sleep for a minimum of 10 hrs to feel rested. Now 6 1/2 hours,and I'm good to go....Yipee!

Greenhorn
Picture of Old Lobo
posted Hide Post
Sleep Apnea is a serious disorder that can damage your heart. A machine that helps you breath is a small price to pay for living a little longer.

Posts: 28 | Registered: 26 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Ach! Tomorrow is the day. I get to see the urologist. Being in Old México I hope the uro will not be so excited to stab 12 times me thru the rectum with a large diameter needle to determine if I have cancer. I will not permit this to be done. I just want some effective medicine that will allow me to empty my bladder and desensitize it a bit so it will hold a normal amount before spazzing. El León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Volatpluvia.
I went that route a couple of years ago, when the doc probed up my anus with his little "gotcha" devise and took 12 or 14 nibbles out of my prostrate. Uncomfortable, but not really painful.

The result showed that I did have a small cancer growing there. But, the doc said that prostrate cancer is very slow growing (or at least mine is), and that I would likely die from some other cause before the prostrate would kill me.

Meanwhile, I regularly take the doctor prescribed Finasteride, but I also take a supplement called "IP-6 & Inositol". My cousin is a nurse and also a herbalist and she recommended the IP-6 to me. One or the other, or a combination of both, seems to be working because my PSA count has dropped down to 2. My wife orders the IP-6 & Inositol on line. It is not available over the counter here in the US, but maybe it is there in old Mexico.

None of that helps my frequent urination, though.

I had my 2nd eye operated on yesterday and I am having a hard time seeing my keyboard right now. I'm wearing very dark glasses to look at the lit-up computer screen. Eye doc says everything went well and I should have better than my normal vision when I heal up in 4 to 6 weeks. Just in time for hunting season. (:~)

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks, rancocus. Today's session was inconclusive. My gland is large, hard and has bumps. Very suspicious. I need to have an ultrasound next week. This will show the doc if we need to go on to biopsy. I now have meds to shrink the gland, cure any infection and reduce inflamation. He said I will know in two weeks if the sleep and frequency of urination has improved. El León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Had my bladder, prostate, and 'nads subjected to ultrasound today. The actual proceedures were anti climatic compared to getting into the heart of the city and back. I will see the urologist again next Tuesday and find out what if anything the ultrasounds revealed. The meds are letting me sleep twice as long now between trips to the commode, and the bladder is pretty much at piece. El León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I will be getting a reaming in the middle of September. Hopefully this will relieve my difficulties for sometime to come. My condition is beyond taking pills. El León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Oy,well, best wishes on the procedure. Hope you get the results you want.

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, well, the surgery is postponed until my BP is under control. I wore a BP monitor from noon yesterday until today so the cardiologist can determine what kind and how much medicine to prescribe. Hopefully this issue will be resolved by my next urologist appt. Sept. 25. Meanwhile, prostate drug, herbs and hope I can continue to pee. The urologist offered to put in a catheter until then. But I hope not. Anybody have experience with natural IV treatment? There is a clinic/spa in Vallarta that would love to treat me. My nurse daughter says they will destroy my liver. Hmmnnn... rock and a hard place.

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Again, oy. Be careful with those holistic treatments, some can be dangerous.

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I went through this last year. Not the IV. I had a catheter with a bag for about a week. Then I had to put in a catheter myself 4 times a day until I had the greenlight surgery. So far so good, it is nice to pee. Mark

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
*knocks on wood* I haven't had to deal with that ......Yet.....

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Markh, this gives me encouragement.
BT, I am so glad not everyone has this problem.
I might have screamed too soon. The last four nights I have only got up 3 times to pee, down from as much as 10. And my daytime stream seems a bit more positive. It may be that I needed to take the med for a longer period of time. And, there are a bunch of people praying for me, I value that highly.
Yesterday on camera skype I told my 36 year old son how the operation is done. You should have seen tbe grimace on his face! His face said, 'no, please don't mess with my equipment!' It's amazing what one can accept once it is completely neccesary.

pistuo deo lalo

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
The green light surgery was well worth it. Mark

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
My urologist has told me repeatedly that I must discontinue riding bicycle, not to sit on the seat and peddle, it damages my already aflicted prostate. It was okay to stand and peddle but not sit. So I tried taking the seat off, putting the gears in high front and back and riding to a nearby town on an errand. I had put wide swept back handlebars on it earlier in the year for comfort. So I turned them up to be in a more upright position while standing on the peddles. I was exhausted till I got back. My pastor wanted the bike, so I sold it to him. I put everything back to where it should be and rode it to town Saturday to make sure it was rideable before surrendering it to my pastor Sunday, sitting to peddle. Well! I should listen to the doc. I felt like I did before starting the prostate med from Saturday evening until this morning. Thin stream, sometimes just a dribble for a while, definately NOT emptying my bladder, up every hour of the night. (I had got down to 2 or three times a night.) Burning bladder and urethra. Thankfully, today everything below seems at peace and I hope for a return to better sleeping, etc. Who would have thought it?

pistuo deo lalo

Booshway
posted Hide Post
God bless finasteride and Flomax!

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
MarkH, By green light, you mean laser? that is where they burn a hole thru the swollen material. Do you still have to take medicine to shrink your protate after that to keep it open?

pistuo deo lalo