MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    I think I got a little mountaineer on my hands!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I got a little mountaineer on my hands!!
 Login/Join

Hivernant
posted
My son and I went scouting today for a good camping spot on Cottonwood creek on some land we own. Im proud to say he dosent want to watch tv or play video games but get outside in nature. I think ive got a little mountaineer on my hands. I guess im so proud that I had to share.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear that. I think we all hope our young ones will take more of an interest in the out doors and get away from soooo much modern technology. Camping. treking, hunting, fishing etc...MUCH BETTER. Best regards. Rockerhound

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
When my son was young he was hunting? Really? No! But now that he is in his twenties he is all about hunting. He lives in a different state but he calls me all the time about what gun he should get and how to stalk a deer, etc. Terrific Bear Claw to get him started early.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the confidence guys. I would be just as proud of him if he didn't like the outdoors much but i'm glad we have that in common. I know its different strokes for different folks and that people have all sorts of different interest, but I'm just glad we can spend time together. I'm a young buck myself and I know that I've got plenty of learn'n left to do. I'm going to cherish these days with my boys because I know the time is coming when they're not going to want to spend so much time with square ole dad.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Bear Claw, Add me to the list of folks who say that sounds great. My compliments to you and your son. May your camp be a good one and used often. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Talltree
posted Hide Post
Bear Claw
My best partner in the woods was my wife, she was raised by her father to be very at ease in the woods. When my two sons came along they to were very interested in being in the outdoors rather than cooped up with other indoor activity. Now I have five grandsons and five grandaughters, all have showed to want the outdoor life. And Grandpa is definitely a big part of their life outdoors and within their living of life.

I am a very lucky man! Big Grin

Talltree

Keep your tail high and dry!

Posts: 173 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Yes, it sounds like you are a very lucky man Talltree. I would be proud to have such a large family as yours.